Dry Waste and Skips
Collection and disposal of dry waste from ship's calling alongside is available from the Port as is food waste disposal. (Skips transfers to vessels at anchor can be arranged) Additionally, the Port can also accept the following hazardous waste (by arrangement):
- Solid/liquid contaminated cargoes;
- Acid/alkaline cleaning and flushing liquids;
- Hydrocarbon contaminated solids such as spill absorbents, pads and rages;
- Air/oil filters;
- End of life lubricants, paints and thinners (typical);
- Electrical appliances' light tubes and lamps.
Liquid and Oil Waste
The Port can accept combinations* of the following, in parcels up to 500 cubic metres, from vessels calling alongside:
- Fresh or sea water;
- Light or medium fuel oils;
- Machine lubricating, transmissions and hydraulic oils (non-soluble)
Grey and black water collection and disposal is available by arrangement.
*All mixtures must be pumpable at ambient temperatures and deemed as sullage.