Harbour Consultative Committe (HCC)
A Harbour Consultative Committee, representing the diverse range of users within the harbour, meet regularly to discuss harbour management. The constitution of the HCC is described in Article 6 of The Portland Harbour Revision Order 1997 is available by clicking HERE.
Agenda items typically include:
- Welcome, Introductions, Apologies for absence, Minutes
- Matters Arising
- Operation, Management and Regulation of the Harbour.
- Harbour Incidents, Dangerous Occurrences & Near Misses
- Maintenance and Improvement of the Harbour.
- Any other business.
- Proposed future meeting dates (Thursdays)
Members include in order of appearance in the legislation:
- Harbour Authority representatives include the Harbour Master (Chairman), Environment and Leisure Representatives
- Dorset Council Representative - Cllr Paul Kimber
- Dorset Council Emergency Planning Representative - Ovi Rominger
- Natural England - Stephanie Shillitoe
- Royal Yachting Association - Richard White
- Southern Inshore Fisheries Committee - Simon Pengelly
- Shipping interests - John Cranmer
- Defence interests - Robert Miller
- Commercial interests - Clive Thomas
- Fishing interests - Dan Woodcock
- Conservation interests - Ed Harland
- Diving interests - Ian Taylor
- Recreational interests - Paul Swain
- Sailing interests - Peter Allam
- Operational interests - Kevin Stone
Typically 3-4 time per year
- January 2021
- April 2021 (will be uploaded after July's meeting)
Further information and Questions:
For further information about the harbour consultative committee or its members, email HCC@portland-port.co.uk.
The same email can be used if you would like the harbour authority to put you in touch with your representative on the Harbour Consultative Committee.
Hamm Beach User Group:
The Harbour Authority also created the Hamm Beach User Group. This group is made up of representatives from the organisation/sporting groups who use the Hamm Beach for teaching or leisure purposes.
This group keeps the Harbour Authority abreast of on-going activities, developments and trends within the various sports, and helps to make the Hamm Beach a safer place for all water users.
- Weymouth & Portland Kitesurfing Club
- Official Test centre
- PARACADEMY Extreme
- Weymouth Watersports
- Weymouth College
- Andrew Simpson Sailing Foundation
- Windsurfing in General
For further information please contact email@example.com